Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last Training Ride

Yesterday afternoon I went on my last training ride in California.  I felt strong.  My legs felt good. Let's hope I packed those legs and not the lame legs I had last week!

The past week has been filled with anxiety.  A few months ago, I rode my down PCH a few times a week.  Two months ago, I spent $100 and 8 days at the Olympic Training Center.  I raced in the State Championships three weeks ago.  And suddenly, I'm traveling to Georgia to race in Nationals.  I could be busting a move (yup...I'm white!) on the international scene soon.  It all happened really quickly.  I've been filled with "What ifs."  What if I don't make that time?  What if my bike isn't good enough? What if the real National team runs me over and laughs?  What if...what if...what if....

But as I was riding down PCH one more time, I stopped looking at my computer and took in the beautiful place in which I live and remembered....


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


Phil (4:6-7)

Someone bigger has my back. I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment