Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Decide. Commit. Execute. Succeed.

Interestingly, it's not as easy to be #pro as one might think. Now that riding a bike is my only "job," there is a lot more stress involved.  When I make mistakes, it isn't because I have a real job and biking is a hobby.  The only thing I have to do is ride my bike and prepare my body. Admittedly I haven't been terribly successful at this.  I've had a lot of slip ups and had to start over.

Then I stepped back and looked at the big picture.  Greenville is still more than a year away.  Rio is still more than three years away.  The past 2.5 weeks are not going to make or break my success in either event.

So I decided to find something that I could repeat and hold on to - something that would hold me accountable to my goals for today and my goals for the future.

Decide.
Commit.
Execute.
Succeed.

Seems simple enough to be repeated, but deep enough to mean something.

No comments:

Post a Comment