Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I refuse to use GPS

Much to my father's dismay, I refuse to use a GPS. If I'm absolutely lost, I will use my iPhone to figure out where I am (but no promises that I'll get where I'm going).  My "real" life is somewhat like that.  My mom claims that there is never a dull moment.  And when I decide to do something, there is rarely an obstacle that will stop me.  I'm a little like a roller coaster, one might say.

Sometimes I wonder how I got from here:



To here....



 To here....
Which is where I'll be tonight.  :(

I often forget that God already knows what will happen. If you had told me three years ago that I would be doing math every day for a living, I would have fallen over.  I don't like math!  But here I am, and I really like what I do.  I trusted in God to provide the experiences that I needed to get to where I am going.

One of my favorite bible passages is:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Making the "right" decision is hard, and sometimes there isn't a "right" decision, there is only a decision. But it's important to include God in those thoughts and decisions.  Trust that he is guiding you through the Holy Spirit, and you will follow his will for you.

Back to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment