Thursday, March 24, 2011

The (gimpy) Olympics

There is a brokenness
Out of which comes the unbroken,
A shatteredness out
Of which blooms the unshatterable,
There is sorrow
Beyond all grief which lead to joy,
And a fragility
Out of whose depths emerges strength.

A few weeks ago, I applied to be a part of the Paralympic training camp for 2011.  On Tuesday, I received notice that I had been accepted.

I debated about whether I should go or not - I haven't been riding all that much lately.  Last time I trained with a coach I started to not like my bike because everything was about numbers and not just riding. But I decided that not many people on the Earth get to train at a United States Olympic training facility and if they kill me, well then at least I died trying something new.

So...the end of April....I'll be here:



Here's a video from the 2009 training camp:

No comments:

Post a Comment