I took the Proust Quiz today (while I should have been working). Take it here:
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A nap on a Sunday afternoon with the windows open and an ocean breeze coming through. Someone I love lying next to me.
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. Which historical figure do you identify with?
I don't know
4. Which living person do you admire most?
5. What is the trait you deplore most in yourself?
6. What is the trait you deplore most in others?
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
8. On what occasion do you lie?
When I feel threatened
9. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
10. When and where were you happiest?
Summer in Austin, TX circa 2004
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
12. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
That we would all be able to see that everyone is trying their hardest given the circumstances in which we live
13. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Making it through two rounds of graduate school without debt
14. If you died and came back as a person or thing, what would it be?
One of my aunt's dogs
15. What is your most treasured possession?
My childhood bear, Beary
16. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Feeling abandoned, by God or humanity
17. Who are your heroes in real life?
Mother Theresa, Father Hesburgh, my grandfather, my mom and dad, anyone with strength and courage to see what lies ahead and makes decisions that will make them happy, people who give of themselves for the benefit of others
18. What is it that you most dislike?
Pain in my heart
19. How would you like to die?
In my sleep
20. What is your motto?
Just keep swimming....
Based upon my answers, the quiz tells me I am most like:
Nora Ephron 98.33%
Hugh Hefner 76.64%