Monday, April 11, 2011

Irish06


The past few weeks have been difficult. I feel lost most of the time.

I have this silly habit that I started when I took the LSAT. Whenever I see anything with Notre Dame on it, I take it as a reminder that God is here, he does love me and he will never leave me.

This afternoon, after another not so fun day at work I drove home. As I got off the ten I was almost on the brink of tears (for many reasons, but largely hormonal). I turned off the freeway onto 4th St. and saw that the car in front of me had a personalized license plate that said Irish06 and a Notre Dame alumni frame. I needed to see that at that moment. And it happens a lot just at the time that I need it. One day I was struggling with something and I went for a walk. As I walked through downtown I saw three different people wearing something with Notre Dame on it. On my first day of work I was early and so I went to Starbucks, as I left, the girl who opened the door for me had on a Notre Dame sweatshirt.
I know it's silly. And I know tht God is always there and that he always loves me, whether I see eight million people in Notre Dme clothing or none at all. But sometimes it helps to have that little reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment