Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Very LA Day

Despite my lamentations that I am not a very good Angelino....somedays I am horrified by my Angelinoness.

I woke up to my alarm/iPhone.

 I rolled over and checked the New York Times, the weather and the traffic to see how long it would take me to get to work.

I got into my Prius.



I drove from the West Side to Downtown, because really NO ONE wants to actually live in downtown!!!


Yup...that's my actual building (but I didn't take the photo).


For lunch, we walked down Figueroa St. to the Gourmet food trucks. I debated about whether I should  have an organic salad or a Kobe Beef burger (of course, from a cow that was free range raised and grass fed!).



After work, I waited in massive traffic to get on the 10 west to drive home.



 But the good news about sitting in traffic is that I got to sit and look at the Hollywood sign for quite some time (through the smog).


Finally, after passing the 405 the traffic opened up and we all felt free to drive at least 80 miles and hour, because if you can - you should.

To quench the rage that filled my insides from battling the poor drivers, I went to a fancy spinning studio in Brentwood.  We all hopped on our outrageously technologically advanced spinning bikes and pedaled to live music on the unneccessarily large screen TV, while the instructor flipped through songs on Apple TV.


Having tortured myself in a stationary manner, I climbed off my bike, threw on my overpriced Lululemon fleece and headed to Whole Foods.


While perusing the foods in the Prepared Food Bar at WF, I spotted Joel McHale (of The Soup fame).

After selecting some organic quinoa, falafel and some free range chicken, I headed to the checkout line to pay $7.99 a pound for my meal.  Quality vs. quantity, right?  The other things I picked up (organic low fat sour cream, whole wheat pasta, local organic vegetables and gluten free cereal) were all nicely packed into my reusable bags.

One of my favorite parts of my day, is when I am driving down Pico (on my way home). At a certain point, you reach the crest of a hill and as you descend, you see the beach.  It is always beautiful and reminds me of exactly how lucky I am to live in Santa Monica.





Since I don't have cable, after I showered (with organic, non-chemical soap from Trader Joe's), I sat down to read before I went to bed.  On the docket:  The Huffington Post, The Atlantic, The Economist and "The Social Animal" by David Brooks.  Somewhat coincidentally, I happened upon David Brooks while reading his book "Bobos in Paradise."

And then I blogged about it.

I am ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment