Thursday, September 9, 2010

Do Not Worry

Today (Thursday) I made myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich (yum!!!) and headed to Merrion Square.
Yummy!

James Joyce - Chillin' in Merrion Square


I sat and finished reading The Pilgrimage while eating my sandwich. Now, usually I am careful to spread peanut butter all the way to the crust. I don't like crust, but moms and teachers always say that is the healthy part. Well, I forgot to today. Since I'm trying to do what makes me happy, I didn't eat the crust! There were some pigeons hanging around, so I decided to feed them.

Immediately as I started feeding them, Matthew 6:25-27 popped in my head:

"Therefore, I tell you do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, why you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more important than they? Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your lifespan?"




I worry about a lot of things. I started to worry that the hills in Northern Spain on the Camino de Santiago would be too steep. Those that ride with me know that i avoid hills like they are rabid USC fans! But does it do any good to worry? Nope. My legs are (literally) a medical feat (hahah...I crack myself up!). I am grateful for the strength that they have and where they have taken me. Part of the reason I love to ride my bike is that it is a time when I can feel the life and strength in my body. When I ride my bike, I feel very close to God. The flow of power in my legs and the thrill of feeling the wind passing and to know that my body is doing all of this reminds me of the power and grace of God. I will grasp on to that faith and feeling to carry me through those 8 days. ::end rant::

Recently, I've been worrying about choices I've made in the past and choices I will have to make in the future. I am trying to let go of the anxiety of these decisions and allow the Lord to provide for me.


Scariness outside the Guinness Storehouse



Entrance to St. Patrick's. Founded by Jonathan Swift
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Patrick's_Hospital

The home of the US Ambassador to Ireland - inside Phoenix Park


For those of you who are supposed to be studying for the PT boards....get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment