Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gratitude

After a small meltdown yesterday two things happened. One, I reread the book "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom. It is about his writing of a eulogy for a rabbi that he grew up with. When he asked the rabbi how to be happy, the wise man replied:

Be satisfied.
Be grateful.
For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you.

The second thing is that through email I got some wise advice from a friend. He always says that gratitude is the key to happiness. It was the introductory paragraph to a very important paper he recently finished. He reminded me to be grateful for my trip, for my experience and for the opportunities that lie ahead.

He is wise beyond his (albeit much greater than mine) years. I know this. I am grateful for him.

I've been searching and searching for a "theme" for my ride. And there are two things I have come upon:
1. Be grateful. Focus on what you have.
2. You are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment