Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Pilgrimage



The Pilgrimage
Made famous by his book, The Alchemist, Paulo Coehlo has many books that have spiritual themes. A friend (albeit crazy one!) met someone who walked the Road to Santiago and he suggested I read a book describing Coehlo's personal experience on the Road to Santiago. The book is with me on my trusty Kindle and I will probably be referencing it frequently. Some of the stuff he writes is a little cooky, but I think overall it's a good read. I also have my Bible, Alice in Wonderland and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Here is a blurb from the book:
"The good fight is the one that's fought in the name of our dreams. When we're young and our dreams first explode inside us with all of their force, we are very courageous, but we haven't yet learned how to fight. With great effort, we learn how to fight, but by then we no longer have the courage to go into combat. So we turn against ourselves and do battle within. We become our own worst enemy. We say that our dreams were childish, or too difficult to realize, or the result of our not having known enough about life. We kill our dreams because we are afraid to fight the good fight."
And so I will learn to fight the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment