Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dublin Day Two





I spent the day in Dublin. I saw the Book of Kells and the Long Room at Trinity College. I decided to pay to ride one of those hop on/hop off buses to save my tibia from cracking this Earl in the trip.
When it stopped raining for a bit, I went to St. Stephens Green and read and prayed for a little bit. My mind is starting to get cluttered again and I wanted it to be clear. Not sure I was so successful.


Strange sculpture in St. Stephen's Green


Entrance to St. Stephen's Green


So, if praying didn't work then maybe alcohol will?! Just kidding!! But I did go to the Guinness Storehouse next. It was amazing! I walked around the shrine to Irelands black gold in awe. The especially brilliant Arthur Guinness signed the lease for the land for 9000 years! I enjoyed my free Guinness at the top in the Gravity Bar.







Overlooking Dublin from the Sky Bar.

The clover in the head of my Guinness
Sky Bar


I tried to go to the Catholic Church that was just below the brewery, but it was locked.
I did some other random wanderings an then went to bed early. Trying not to break my leg...don't want Spain's medical system to freak out on me again!


Phoenix Park

I don't know how much Internet access I'll have after this. I leave Dublin tonight and fly to London. I'll stay in London and fly to Madrid early tomorrow morning. From Madrid I take a train to Leon where I will meet the rest of my group!

No comments:

Post a Comment